Angels make wonderful tattoos. There’s a huge variety of designs and meanings to draw on and it usually has deep emotional meaning for the wearer. There are few designs that can match the beauty and meaning of angel tattoos. They usually carry a deep symbolic meaning for those who wear them. They can be worn for a variety of reasons and serve many different purposes. Angels are well known all across the world and they are part of Christian, Islamic, Jewish, and other religious belief systems. All of these characteristics make the angel tattoo highly sought after and popular.
Most of us already know what angels are and what they represent:
- They are believed to be messengers from God.
- In fact, the word angel in Latin means “messenger of God.”
- Angels have a variety of special talents, skills, and powers, such as the ability to travel from the heavens to earth and back.
- Angels are servants of God and represent everything good.
- Angels also protect the realm between heaven and earth.
- The most common association with the angel is protection. It is believed that they watch over us and to protect us from evil.
- Many people believe everyone has a guardian angel watching over us who is with us when we are born, through our life, during our death, and who guides us into the afterlife.
- Some angels were thrown out of heaven for their rebellious acts, and are known as fallen angels. They proudly served God in the beginning, but were thrown out of heaven for their evil deeds and ways. They are a symbol of suffering, pain, and sadness.
When we look at angel tattoos, guardian and fallen angels are common choices amongst men and women. There are also a variety of other designs:
- Some people may choose a Cupid . Cupid is known as the “angel of love.”
- Baby angels are another popular choice, especially for women.
- Besides fallen angels, some people choose to have a devilish angel.
There are many different ways to portray your angel in a tattoo. The options are endless, which is another reason it is so popular. Since guardian angels are so popular, we will now take closer look at them.
- In most designs, they are usually shown with a glow or shine of some type behind them.
- They are usually floating, but they can be grounded.
- They are always looking down or to the side in a protective manner.
- They can be male or female. Male guardian agnels may be shown holding a sword or other weapons.
- Some designs show them defeating an evil angel or the devil.
Angel Tattoos Design